Life insurance coverage is a vital safety net in times of emergencies and unforeseen calamities.
It provides financial security for you and your family when it’s needed the most.
It’s crucial to maintain and renew your life insurance policy with LIC to keep your coverage intact.
This article explores the methods to revive a lapsed LIC policy, ensuring you’re adequately protected.
The Consequences of a Lapsed Policy
When policyholders fail to pay their premiums on time, their life insurance policies lapse.
This lapse results in the temporary inaccessibility of policy benefits.
To rectify this situation, life insurance companies typically provide a two-year window during which policyholders can renew their coverage by paying the overdue premium.
Understanding Lapsed Policies
A life insurance policy lapses when premiums are not paid within the stipulated time frame. Renewing your policy through timely premium payments is crucial to maintain the coverage.
Failure to do so results in policy lapses, where the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) reserves the right to either reinstate or reject the canceled policy.
LIC offers the opportunity to restart discontinued policies.
The Path to Restoring Your Lapsed LIC Policy
If your LIC policy has lapsed due to non-payment of premiums by the due date, all benefits and policy terms become invalid.
Here are the steps to revive your lapsed LIC policy:
- Contact LIC: Reach out to LIC through their customer care number, email, or your local LIC branch.
- Submit a Revival Form: Complete and submit the revival form to reinstate your policy.
- Pay Late Fine and Premium: Pay the late fine along with the overdue premium to reactivate your policy and regain access to associated benefits.
Get LIC Policy Services on WhatsApp
LIC now offers policyholders the convenience of accessing their services on WhatsApp. Here’s how to get started:
- Type ‘Hi’ and send it to 8976862090 via the WhatsApp application.
- You will receive 11 service options. To select a specific service, respond with the corresponding option number.
- For instance, if you want to know when your next LIC policy premium is due and the amount to be paid, send ‘1’.