The Uttar Pradesh (UP) government has taken a significant step towards encouraging electric vehicle (EV) adoption by introducing the EV subsidy portal.
Starting from October, customers purchasing electric vehicles can now avail subsidies through the newly launched upevsubsidy.in portal.
The government aims to simplify the process and directly transfer the subsidy to the customer’s account.
Transfer will be done after undergoing a thorough four-level verification.
UP EV Manufacturing and Mobility Policy, 2022
Under the Uttar Pradesh Electric Vehicle Manufacturing and Mobility Policy, 2022, customers can avail the subsidy on electric vehicles purchased between October 14, 2022, and October 13, 2023.
The subsidy application process involves a four-step verification process to ensure the authenticity of the claim.
1) Dealer Information: Customers must provide details about the electric vehicle purchase, including the vehicle model, purchase date, cost, battery size, and manufacturing date.
2) Vehicle Registration: Complete information related to the vehicle’s registration needs to be entered.
3) Departmental Verification: The information provided by the customer will be subjected to online verification.
4) Final Verification: The Transport Inspector will conduct the final verification before submitting the report to the government.
Fast Subsidy Disbursement
The key advantage of the portal is the swift disbursement of subsidies. After completing the verification process, the subsidy amount will be transferred to the customer’s bank account within three working days.
The government will provide the following subsidies based on the vehicle type:
1) Rs 5,000 subsidy on the first 2 lakh two-wheelers purchased within the specified period.
2) Subsidy of up to Rs 1 lakh on the first 25,000 electric four-wheelers.
3) Up to Rs 20 lakh subsidy on the initial 400 private electric buses.
4) Subsidy up to Rs 1 lakh for 1000 loading vehicles.
Subsidy Limit: Customers can avail subsidies up to 15 percent of the manufacturing cost of the electric vehicles.
By launching the EV subsidy portal, the UP government aims to make electric vehicles more accessible to the public and contribute to a cleaner and greener environment.