TVS Motor has unveiled its latest electric two-wheeler, the TVS X, marking its entry into the premium EV scooter segment.
The launch took place at an event in the UAE, with a price tag of Rs 2.49 lakh. Bookings for the TVS X have begun, and deliveries are set to commence across 15 cities in a phased manner.
The vehicle showcases crossover elements blending scooter-like features with motorcycle-inspired design cues.
Notably, TVS Motor holds a significant stake in India’s evolving electric vehicle sector.
Key Features of TVS X:
- Impressive Acceleration: The TVS X claims to accelerate from 0 to 40 kmph in just 2.6 seconds and reaches a top speed of 105 km per hour.
- Innovative TFT Display: The electric scooter features a 10.2-inch TFT cluster display powered by the next-gen TVS platform. The display serves as a hub for health-oriented video gaming, live video streaming, and internet browsing when the vehicle is stationary.
- Assorted Functionalities: TVS X is equipped with features like Cruise Control, Reverse Assistant, TVS Smart Connect Connected Features, Live Video Streaming, On Board Games, Web Browser, Live Location Sharing, Keyless Operation, LED Headlight, Sequential Indicators, and Anti-Theft Alarm.
- Live Location Sharing: The TVS X stands out as the first electric scooter in India to offer a live location sharing feature.
- Efficient Battery Charging: The scooter can travel up to 140 kilometers on a single charge. Its battery can reach 50 percent charge in 50 minutes and attain an 80 percent charge from zero in around four and a half hours.
- Investment and Future Plans: TVS Motor has invested Rs 250 crore in the TVS X project, showcasing its commitment to EV innovation. The company is optimistic about the electric mobility market and plans to expand its EV offerings both domestically and internationally.
TVS intends to cater to the Indian market initially, with plans to eventually export the TVS X globally.
The company will commence production at approximately 100 units per day, gradually ramping up production volume.
This electric scooter, named TVS X, follows the launch of the TVS iQube in 2020, which significantly bolstered the company’s market presence in the EV scooter segment.
Promising Growth Ahead:
TVS Motor is witnessing remarkable growth in the electric segment, with 20 percent of its scooter sales being electric.
The company aims to double this percentage within two years, emphasizing its strong belief in the growth potential of the electric vehicle sector.
With the successful sales of the TVS iQube, the company’s electric ambitions are gaining traction.