On September 19, Reliance Jio made a significant move in the broadband arena with the launch of their Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) service, Jio AirFiber.
This development has sparked a fierce competition in the broadband market, particularly against Airtel’s Xstream AirFiber, which has already been making waves in select locations.
In this article, we dissect the pricing, speeds, and availability of both Jio AirFiber and Airtel Air Xstream.
Airtel Xstream AirFiber Plan
Airtel offers its Xstream AirFiber bundled with a 6-month package priced at Rs 4,435. Customers will need to pay a security deposit of Rs 2,500. With this plan, users can enjoy a data speed of up to 100 Mbps.
Reliance Jio AirFiber Plans
Reliance Jio’s AirFiber service offers a range of plans, including monthly, six-month, and yearly options. The basic monthly plan is priced at Rs 599.
However, an additional Rs 1,000 will be charged for the outdoor unit. For customers opting for the 6-month or 12-month plans, this charge is waived. Currently, Jio AirFiber is available in select cities.
- Rs 599 Plan: Offers 30 Mbps speed, unlimited calls, access to 550+ TV channels, and 14 OTT apps.
- Rs 899 Plan: Delivers 100 Mbps speed, 550+ TV channels, and 14 OTT apps.
- Rs 1,199 Plan: Provides 100 Mbps speed, unlimited calls, access to 550+ TV channels, and 16 OTT apps.
AirFiber Max Plans
- Rs 1,499 Plan: Boasts 300 Mbps speed, 550+ TV channels, and 14 OTT apps.
- Rs 2,499 Plan: Offers 500 Mbps speed, unlimited calls, access to 550+ TV channels, and a variety of OTT apps.
- Rs 3,999 Plan: Provides blazing fast 1 Gbps speed, unlimited calls, access to 550+ TV channels, and multiple OTT apps.
Airtel Xstream AirFiber: Currently available in Mumbai and Delhi.
Reliance Jio AirFiber: Jio AirFiber extends its services to a total of eight cities, including Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune.
In this battle of broadband supremacy, customers now have a range of options to choose from.
Whether it’s Airtel’s Xstream AirFiber or Reliance Jio’s AirFiber, both companies are vying for a slice of the high-speed internet pie, offering competitive pricing and exciting packages in their quest to connect India.