Planning for a secure financial future post-retirement? Keeping track of your National Pension Scheme (NPS) balance is a crucial step in staying informed about your account’s status and activity.
The NPS balance can be conveniently checked through multiple channels, including the UMANG app, SMS, and the NSDL website.
Understanding NPS and Its Importance
The National Pension Scheme (NPS), a government-backed initiative, is designed to provide a stable financial foundation for retirement.
Recognized as one of the most economical pension plans globally, individuals between the ages of 18 and 70 can contribute to this scheme.
With various tax benefits associated, the NPS plan helps you build a substantial corpus for your retirement years.
It’s imperative to periodically review your NPS account balance to stay on top of your financial progress.
How to Check NPS Balance via NSDL Website
- Visit the NSDL portal.
- Log in using your PRAN account number, User ID, and Password.
- Complete the verification step by entering the captcha code.
- Access your account’s holding statement from the transaction statement section.
Retrieve NPS Balance through SMS
Give a missed call to 9212993399 from your registered NPS mobile number. In response, you’ll receive an SMS containing your balance information.
For detailed NPS-related queries, you can also contact 022-2499 3499.
Check NPS Balance via UMANG App
- Download the UMANG app on your smartphone.
- Log in to the app and navigate to the NPS section.
- Select your Central Record Keeping Agency (CRA) from the available options.
- Choose the “Current Holding” option.
- Provide your PRAN and Password.
- After completing the process, log in to view your account balance.
Embrace Convenience for Informed Financial Management
The ability to monitor your NPS account balance from the comfort of your home offers unparalleled convenience.
With options ranging from the UMANG app to SMS queries and the NSDL website, accessing your NPS information has never been easier.
By staying engaged with your NPS account, you’re taking proactive steps towards securing a prosperous retirement.