New Delhi :
Aspiring travelers bound for the UAE, especially Dubai, need to take heed of recent updates in airport regulations.
A range of rules must be observed to ensure a smooth journey, as failure to comply could lead to significant inconveniences.
Whether you’re a local or a foreign visitor,
understanding the restrictions on items you can carry in your luggage is crucial before embarking on your journey.
Among the items barred from travel are:
1) Frozen Chicken and Birds: Animal products of this kind are prohibited due to health and sanitary concerns.
2) Paan: This betel leaf preparation is not permitted onboard, in line with local regulations.
3) Counterfeit/Pirated Goods: The transport of fake or pirated products violates intellectual property laws.
4) Indecent or Obscene Material: Items of explicit nature are strictly prohibited.
5) Gambling Equipment or Machines: Anything related to gambling is restricted.
6) Fake Currency: Carrying counterfeit money is against the law.
7) Content Offensive to Islamic Values: Materials that contravene Islamic principles are prohibited.
8) Black Magic, Witchcraft, or Sorcery Tools: Products associated with these practices are disallowed.
Additional Restrictions in Dubai
- Medicines and medical equipment
- Media publications
- Transmission and wireless devices
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal care products for exhibitions
- E-cigarettes and electronic hookahs
Travelers must also be aware of other restricted items, which may require prior permission and payment to be transported.