The Aadhaar card, a vital document for Indian citizens, plays a crucial role in accessing government schemes and services.
An important update regarding Aadhaar card maintenance has been announced by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Individuals who wish to make updates to their Aadhaar cards can do so without incurring any charges until September 14.
After this date, there will be fees associated with updating your Aadhaar details. This extension was granted after the initial deadline of June 14, 2023.
Aadhaar: A Lifelong Asset:
Aadhaar enrollment is a free service available to all residents of India, providing each individual with a unique, lifelong Aadhaar number.
This number is essential for accessing various services, including banking, mobile phone connections, and both government and non-government programs.
ऑनलाइन व ऑफलाइन माध्यम से आज ही करें आधार में अपने दस्तावेज़ अपलोड|
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) August 2, 2023
Update Your Decade-Old Aadhaar Card:
UIDAI recommends that individuals who have not updated their Aadhaar card in the past 10 years do so promptly.
Failing to update your Aadhaar could lead to difficulties in accessing government services in the future.
It’s important to note that this free service is exclusively available through the myAadhaar portal.
Those who choose to update their Aadhaar card in person at Aadhaar centers will be required to pay applicable fees.
Here’s how you can update your Aadhaar card online for free before the September 14 deadline:
Step-by-Step Guide for Online Aadhaar Update:
- Visit the official website: https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- Select the “Proceed” option to begin the address update process.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number for verification.
- Click on ‘Document Update.’ Your current details will be displayed.
- Verify your details. If they are correct, click on the next hyperlink.
- In the next step, select the proof of identity and proof of address documents from the dropdown list.
- Upload scanned copies of your address proof. Click the ‘Submit’ button to update your documents.
- After completing these steps, your Aadhaar update request will be accepted, and a 14-digit Update Request Number (URN) will be generated.
Take advantage of this opportunity to keep your Aadhaar card information up to date without any additional costs until September 14.