Several states in India will observe a bank holiday today, Saturday, July 29, 2023, on account of Muharram (Tazia).
The states where banks will remain closed include Tripura, Gujarat, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Hyderabad, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bengal, Lucknow, New Delhi, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, and Jharkhand zones.
This day holds significance for the Muslim community and is observed as a day of mourning.
List of Bank Holidays in August 2023
The month of August brings numerous festivals and anniversaries, resulting in several bank holidays across the country.
Here is a list of the upcoming bank holidays for August 2023 in various states:
- August 6 (Sunday): Weekly Holiday – Banks closed across the country.
- August 8 (Tuesday): Tendong Lo Rum Phat – Banks closed in Sikkim.
- August 12 (Saturday): Second Saturday – Banks closed.
- August 13 (Sunday): Weekly Holiday – Banks closed nationwide.
- August 15 (Tuesday): Independence Day – Banks closed across the country.
- August 16 (Wednesday): Parsi New Year (Shahenshahi) – Banks closed in Maharashtra.
- August 18 (Friday): Srimanta Sankardeva’s Date – Banks closed in Assam.
- August 20 (Sunday): Weekly Holiday – Banks closed nationwide.
- August 26 (Saturday): Fourth Saturday – Banks closed.
- August 27 (Sunday): Weekly Holiday – Banks closed across the country.
- August 28 (Monday): First Onam – Banks closed in Kerala.
- August 29 (Tuesday): Thiruvonam – Banks closed in Kerala.
- August 30 (Wednesday): Raksha Bandhan – Banks closed in Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh.
- August 31 (Thursday): Raksha Bandhan, Sree Narayana Guru Jayanti, Pang-Labsol – Banks closed in Uttarakhand, Assam, Kerala, and Uttar Pradesh.
It is advisable for customers to plan their banking activities accordingly and be aware of these upcoming holidays to avoid any inconvenience.