New Delhi :
The use of the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) has soared in India, making digital transactions more accessible than ever.
Until now, UPI was primarily used for peer-to-peer transactions through QR codes or mobile numbers. However, a groundbreaking development has emerged – UPI-enabled ATMs.
In a partnership with the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), Hitachi Payment Services has introduced UPI ATMs, known as White Level ATMs (WLA).
With this service, customers can now withdraw cash without the need for a debit or credit card.
No More Card Dependency:
At the recent Global Fintech Fest held in Mumbai on September 5th, the Hitachi MoneySpot UPI ATM made its debut to the public. These UPI-enabled ATMs are set to be deployed across multiple locations, promising to eliminate the necessity for ATM cards when accessing cash.
Anyone with a UPI app on their smartphone will be able to seamlessly withdraw money from these ATMs.
Words from Hitachi Payment Services:
During the launch event, Sunil Vikasme, the Managing Director and CEO of the Cash Business Department at Hitachi Payment Services, expressed his thoughts. He stated that UPI-ATMs offer an effortless, secure, and user-friendly experience.
How to Withdraw Money from UPI ATM:
Making a cash withdrawal from a UPI ATM is a straightforward process. Here’s a quick guide:
- Select Withdrawal Amount: Begin by choosing the desired withdrawal amount using the ATM interface.
- QR Code Display: After selecting the amount, a QR code displaying the chosen sum will appear on the ATM screen.
- Scan with UPI App: Open your UPI app on your smartphone and scan the QR code displayed on the ATM screen.
- Enter UPI PIN: To complete the transaction securely, enter your UPI PIN when prompted.
- Cash Withdrawal: Once the UPI PIN is verified, the ATM will dispense the requested cash.
With these user-friendly UPI ATMs, Hitachi Payment Services and NPCI aim to simplify the process of cash withdrawals, making it cardless, convenient, and secure for customers across India.