The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has unveiled the anticipated list of bank holidays for the upcoming month of September 2023.
This comprehensive list encompasses 16 days of closure across various states in the country.
It includes not only national holidays but also local festivals, providing citizens ample time to adjust their banking tasks accordingly.
Strategic Planning Ahead: With the official announcement from RBI, individuals and businesses can now strategically plan their banking activities for September 2023.
The list accounts for both national and local holidays, ensuring that banking operations align with the designated non-working days.
Inclusive Closure Days: The 16-day closure period includes the customary second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays of the month.
This standardized approach ensures uniformity across Public Sector Banks, Private Sector Banks, Foreign Banks, and Co-operative Banks throughout the nation.
Nationwide Observances: September hosts several significant festivals that contribute to the holiday roster.
Notable among these are Shri Krishna Janmashtami on the 6th and 7th of September, followed by Eid-e-Milad on the 28th.
It is advised that customers plan their banking activities well in advance to avoid any inconveniences arising from these closed days.
Uninterrupted Digital Services: While physical bank branches remain closed during these holidays, customers can still access banking services through internet banking and ATMs, ensuring continuous support despite the non-working days.
Complete List of September 2023 Bank Holidays:
- September 3, 2023: Sunday
- September 6, 2023: Shri Krishna Janmashtami
- September 7, 2023: Janmashtami (Shravan Samvat-8) and Shri Krishna Ashtami
- September 9, 2023: Second Saturday
- September 10, 2023: Second Sunday
- September 17, 2023: Sunday
- September 18, 2023: Varsiddhi Vinayak Vrat and Vinayaka Chaturthi
- September 19, 2023: Ganesh Chaturthi
- September 20, 2023: Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day) and Nuakhai (Odisha)
- September 22, 2023: Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Divas
- September 23, 2023: Fourth Saturday and birthday of Maharaja Hari Singh
- September 24, 2023: Sunday
- September 25, 2023: Birth anniversary of Shrimant Sankardev
- September 27, 2023: Milad-e-Sherif (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)
- September 28, 2023: Eid-e-Milad or Eid-e-Miladunnabi (Birthday of Prophet Muhammad)
- September 29, 2023: Indrajatra and Friday after Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi (Jammu and Srinagar)
The Banking Landscape:
In adherence to the RBI’s guidelines, banks in India observe a holiday on every Sunday, in addition to all public holidays.
Furthermore, the second and fourth Saturdays of each month are designated as non-working days, ensuring that the country’s banking system finds a balance between operational efficiency and employee welfare.